SPME Extraction Methods of Doped Organochlorine Pesticides in Moroccan Water Samples
AbstractTo investigate Organochlorine (OC) in Moroccan water samples, two different methods of extraction being the solid phase micro extraction (SPME) and the liquid-liquid extraction (LLE) are exploited. The gas chromatography with an electron capture detector (GC-ECD) and the gas chromatography coupled to a mass spectrum (GC-MS) are elaborated. In order to get the best extraction, different process parameters are cheeked and optimized. The relevant results are obtained using a time of unspecific binding properties of 30 minutes’ duration and mode of agitation for 30 min with agitation by a magnetic stirrer and a temperature of 30 °C. In particular, a comparative study between the results of SPME and LLE coupled to (GC-ECD) and (GC-MS), respectively, are given. Concretely, it has been found that the SPME extraction technique is a very useful method to analyze the pesticide residues in water samples controlled by local laboratories.
- C. Blasco, M. Fernández, Y. Picó, G. Font, Comparison of solid-phase microextraction and stir bar sorptive extraction for determination six organophosphorus insecticides in honey by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry, Journal of Chromatography A, 1030, 2004,77-85.
- R.I. Bonansea, M.V. Amé, D.A. Wunderlin, Solid-phase microextraction and gas chromatography with mass spectrometric detection for the determination of pesticides in aqueous samples, Journal of Chromatography A, 795, 2013, 105-115.
- C. L. Arthur, J. Pawliszyn, Solid Phase Microextraction with thermal desorption using fused silica optical fibers, Analytical Chemistry, 62, 1990, 2145-2148.
- R. A. Dong, P. L. Liao, Determination of organochlorine pesticides and their metabolites in soil samples using headspace solid-phase microextraction, Journal of Chromatography A, 918, 2001, 177-188.
- C. P. Dougherty, S. H. Hlotz, J. C. Reinert, L. Panyacosit, D. A. Axelrad, T. J. Woodruff, Dietary exposures to food contaminants across the United States, Environmental Research, 84, 2000, 170-180.
- J. H. Jelen, M. Majcher, M. Dziadas, Multi-residue detection of pesticides in juice and fruit wine: A review of extraction and detection methods, Food Research International, 46, 2012, 399-409.
- R. P. Berladi, J. Pawliszyn, The application of chemically modified fused silica fibers in the extraction of organics from water matrix samples and their rapid transfer to capillary columns Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 24 .1989. 179-191.
- R. Botter, G. Bouchoux, Techniques de l'ingénieur, Spectrométrie de masse, Determination of chlorinated pesticides in water by SPME/GC, Water Research, 36, 2002, 1909-1911.
- H. Shahsavand , M. R. Nateghi , Analysis of chlorothalonil and degradation products in soil and water by GC/MS and LC/MS. Chemosphere, Journal of Water Chemistry and Technology,04,2018, 86-90.
- S. Chen, S. Lili, S. Zhengjun, H. Qiuhui, Determination of organochlorine pesticide residues in rice and human and fish fat by simplified two-dimensional gas chromatography, Food Chemistry, 104, 2007, 1315-1319.
- C. De Rossi, R. Bierl, J Riefstahl, Organic pollutants in precipitation: monitoring of pesticides and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in the region of Trier (Germany), Physics and Chemistry of the Earth, 28, 2003, 307-314.
- A. Derouiche, M. R. Driss, J. P. Morizur, M.H. Taphanel, Simultaneous analysis of polychlorinated biphenyls and organochlorine pesticides in water by headspace solid-phase microextraction with gas chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry, Journal of Chromatography A, 1138, 2007, 231-300.
- M. Fernández, C. Padrón, L. Marcon, S. Ghini, R. Colombo, A. G. Sabatini, S. Girotti, Determination of organophosphorus pesticides in honeybees after solid-phase microextraction, Journal of Chromatography A, 922, 2001, 257-265
- C. Ferrer, M. J. Gómez, J. F. García-Reyes, I. Ferrer, E. M. Thurman, A.R. FernÃ¡ndez-Alba, Determination of pesticide residues in olives and olive oil by matrix solid-phase dispersion followed by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry and liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry, Journal of Chromatography A, 1069, 2005, 183-194.
- J. Fillion, F. Sauvé, J. Selwyn, Multiresidue method for the determination of residues of 251 pesticides in fruits and vegetables by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry and liquid chromatography with fluorescence detection, Journal of AOAC INTERNATIONAL, 83, 2000, 698-750.
- H. Shahsavand, M. R. Nateghi, Solid Phase Extraction and Flame Atomic Absorption Determination of Cadmium in Water Samples, Journal of Water Chemistry and Technology, 2018, 86-90.
- S.A. Harris, M.J. Whiticar, M.K. Eek, Molecular and isotopic analysis of oils by solid phase microextraction of gasoline range hydrocarbons, Organic Geochemistry 30, 1999, 721-737
- F. Hernández, O. J. Pozo, J. V. Sancho, L. Bijlsma, M. Barreda, E. Pitarch, Multiresidue liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry determination of 52 non-gas chromatography-amenable pesticides and metabolites in different food commodities, Journal of Chromatography A, 1109, 2006, 242-252.
- M.C. Sampedro, O. Martin, C. Lopez de Armentia, M.A. Goicolea, E. Rodriguez, Z. Gomez de Balugera, J. Costa-Moreira, R. J. Barrio, Solid-phase microextraction for the determination of systemic and non-volatiles pesticides in river water using gas chromatography with nitrogen-phosphorous and electron-capture detection, Journal of Chromatography A, 893, 2000, 347-358.
- F. J. Santos, M. T. Galceran, The application of gas chromatography to environmental analysis Trends in Analytical Chemistry. 2, 2002, 672-685.
- A. Yang, J. Zhao, J. Wang, H. Yu, H. Piao, D. Li, Water-based gas purge microsyringe extraction coupled with liquid chromatography for determination of alkylphenols from seafood Laminaria japonica Aresh, Journal of Chromatography A, 1300, 2018, 302-360.
- J.G. Eskenazi, E. A. Gladstone, A. Bradman, L. Pedersen, C. Johnson, D. B. Barr, Scientific Reports volume 8., Association between in utero organophosphate pesticide exposure and abnormal reflexes in neonates, NeuroToxicology, 26, 2018, 1167-1180.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).