Synthesis of tetrahydroindazol-4(5H)one and 7-thione from reaction of functionalized cyclic enaminones with hydrazine
AbstractFunctionalized enaminones; 3-N-(aryl)amino-1--oxo-cyclohex-2-ene-2-dithiocarboxylates cyclohex-2-en-1-ones and 3-N-(aryl)amino-2-(N-aryl)thioamido-cyclohex-2-en-1-ones were obtained upon reaction of 3-N(aryl)amino-5,5-dimethyl-1-oxo-cyclohex-2-enes with carbon disulfide in presence of sodium hydroxide in DMSO, followed by methylation with dimethyl sulfate or with phenyl and p-bromophenyl isothiocyanates in toluene or under solvent-free condition, respectively. The cyclization of the dithioesters or the thioamides with hydrazine hydrate was accompanied by a displacement of the 3-N- arylamine moiety by a hydrazine group to give 6-hydrazino-4,4-dimethyl-1,3,4,5-tetrahydroindazole-7-thione or 3-N-(aryl)amino-4,5,6,7-tetrahydro-1H-indazole-4(5H)one respectively. Structure of the indazole derivatives formed was further confirmed from their reaction with acetone or p-nitrobenzaldehyde. The new structures were confirmed using 1HNMR, 13CNMR, 2DNMR, DEPT experiments and mass spectra.
- E. S. H El Ashry, L.F. Awad, Y. El kilany, E. I. Ibrahim, Dimedone: A Versatile Precursor for Annulated Heterocycles, Adv. Heterocycl. Chem., 2009, 98, 3- 141.
- M. S. Bashandy, Synthesis, Anti-Breast Cancer and Molecular Docking of Some Heterocycles Incorporating N, N-Dibenzylbdenzensulfonamide, Int. J. Adv. Res., 2014, 2, 436-469
- E. A. Ragab, N. H. Metwally, M. S. Mohamed, Synthesis of Some Novel Pyrazolo[1,5-[a]quinazolines and Their Fused Derivatives, Synth. Commun., 2017, 47,148-158.
- S.S. Asma; B. Kalluraya, Enaminones as Building Block: Synthesis of Novel Substituted Pyrazoles as Possible Antioxidants, Indian J. chem., 2016, 55B, 501.
- Y. Zhao, Q. Duan, Y. Zhou, Q. Yao, Z. Li, Gold-Catalyzed Chemo- and Diastereoselective C (sp2 )- Functionalization of Enaminones for the Synthesis of Pyrrolo[3,4-c]-quinolin-1-one Derivatives, Org. Biomol. Chem., 2016, 14, 2177-2181.
- A.A. Hassan, Heterocyclic Synthesis Via Enaminones: Synthesis and Molecular Docking Studies of Some Novel Heterocyclic Compounds Containing Sulfonamide Moiety, Inter. J. Org. Chem., 2014, 4, 68-81.
- L. Long, Y. Shao, Y. Li, Y. Liu, Y. Li, LDA-Promoted Synthesis of 3-Amino Furans by Selective Lithiation of Enaminones, J. Org. Chem., 2015, 80, 12641-
- L.V. Sokolenko, Y. L. Yagupolskii, L. S.Kumanetska, J. Marrot, E. Magnier, V. O. Lipetskij, I. V. Kalinin, CF3 (O)n- Containing enaminones as Precursors for The Synthesis of Pyrimidine-4(3H)-ones, Tetrahedron Lett., 2017, 58, 1308- 1311.
- Y, Tominaga, Synthesis of Heterocyclic Compounds Using Carbon Disulfide and Their Products, J. Heterocycl. Chem., 1989, 26, 1167-1204.
- G.S. Lingaraju, T.C. Vinayaka, K.S.H. Kumar, M.P. Sadashiva, K.S. Rangappa, An Easy Access to 4,5-Disubstituted Thiazoles via Base- Induced Click Reaction of Active Methylene Isocyanides with Methyl Dithiocarboxylates, Synthesis, 2012, 44, 1373-1379
- Y. Tominaga, H. Okuda, S. Kohra, H. Mazume, Reaction of Enaminones with Carbon Disulfide: Synthesis of Heterocycles Using Enamino Dithiocarboxylates, J. Heterocycl. Chem., 1991, 28, 1245-1255.
- Y. Tominaga, Y. Matsuoka, Y. Onlyama, Y.Uchimura, H. Komiya, M. Hirayama, S. Kohra, A. Hosomi, Polarized Ethylenes. IV* Synthesis of Polarized Ethylenes Using Thioamides and Methyl Dithiocarboxylates and Their Application to Syntheses of Pyrazoles, Pyrimidines, Pyrazolo[3,4-d]pyrimidines and 5-aza[2.2.3]cyclazines, J. Heterocycl. Chem., 1990, 27, 647-660.
- O.M. Singh, Dithiocarboxylates and Related Compounds in the Synthesis of Heterocycles, Book: Targets in Heterocyclic Systems. Edition: Jointly Published with Societa Chimica Italiana, Italy, 2012, 265-308.
- E. S. H. El Ashry, A. A. Aly, M. R. Amer, M.R. Shah, S. W. Ng, Synthesis and X-Ray Analysis of Butyl and Glycosyl (2-aryl-amino-4,4-dimethyl-6-oxocyclohex-1-ene)carbodithioates and Their Possible Cyclization to 2-Thioxo-6,7-dihydro-1H-benzo[d][1,3]thiazine-5(2H)- one Derivatives, Carbohydr. Res., 2011, 346, 169-176.
- S-G. Zhang, C-G. Liang, W-H. Zhang, Recent Advances in Indazole-Containing Derivatives: Synthesis and Biological Perspectives, Molecules, 2018, 23, 2783-2823.
- L.J. Scott, Niraparib: First global approval, Drugs, 2017, 77, 1029-1034.
- R.S. baddman, N.U. Kumar, A.P. Reddy, R. Bandichhor, Regioselective methylation of indazole using methyl 2,2,2-trichloromethylacetimidate, Tetrahedron, 2013, 54, 1661- 1663.
- A.S. Al-Bogami, Mechanochemical synthesis of cyclohexanones and indazoles as potential agents, Res. Chem. Intermed., 2016, 42, 5457-5477.
- M. Gopalakrishnan, J. Thanusu, V. Kanagrajan, Design, synthesis, characterization and in vitro antimicrobial evaluation of 4,6-diaryl-4,5-dihydro-2-phenyl-2H-indazol-3-ols, J. Enzy. Inhib. Med. Chem., 2009, 24, 480-486.
- J.P- Villanueva, L. Y- Mulia, I. G- Sanchez, J. F.P-Espinosa, O.s- Artech, T. del R. S-Espunes, M.A. Cerbon, K.R-Villar, A.K.R. Vicente, M.C. Gines, Z.C-Galvan, D.B. E. Castro, Synthesis and biological evaluation of 2H- indazole derivatives: towards antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory dual agents, Molecules, 2017, 22, 1864-1878.
- Y. Wang, M. Yan, R. Ma, S. Ma, Synthesis and antibacterial activity of novel 4-bromo-1H- indazole derivatives as FtsZ inhibitors, Arch. Pharm. Chem. Life Sci., 2015, 348, 266-274.
- A. Chabukswar, B. Kuchekar, P. Lokhande, M. Tryambake, B. Pagare, V. Kadam, S. Jagdale, V. Chabukswar, Design, synthesis and evaluation of antibacterial activity of novel indazole derivatives, Curr. Bioactive Compd. 2013, 9, 263-269.
- N.M.Y. Elsayed, D. A.Abou El Ella, R. A. T. Serya, M. F. Tolba, R. Shalaby, K. A.M. Abouzid, Design, synthesis and evaluation of indazole- pyrimidine-based derivatives as anticancer agents with anti-angiogenic and antiproliferative activities, Med. Chem. Comm., 2016, 7, 881-899.
- N.M.Y. Elsayed, R. A. T. Serya, M. F. Tolba, M. Ahmed, K. Barakat, D. A. Abou El Ella, K. A.M. Abouzid, Design, synthesis, biological evaluation and dynamics simulation of indazole derivatives with antiangiogenic and antiproliferative anticancer activity, Bioorg.Chem., 2018, 82, 340-359.
- R. K. Bhatia, P. B. Raju, U. K. Jain, P. P. Kumar, K. Satyavathi, Synthesis and anti-inflammatory activities of 7-benzylidene-2,3-diphenyl-4,5,6,7-tetrahydro-2H-indazole derivatives, Res. J. Pharm. Biol. Chem. Sci., 2011, 2, 118-129.
- J. Liu, X. Peng, Y. Dai, W. Zhang, S.Ren, J. Ai, M. Geng, Y. Li, Design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of novel inhibitors bearing an indazole scaffold, Org. Biomol. Chem., 2015, 13, 7643- 7654.
- M. Yoo, M. Yoo, J. E. Kim, H. K. Lee, C. O. Lee, C. H. Park, K-Y. Jung, synthesis, and biological evaluation of indazole-4,7-dione derivatives as novel BRD4 inhibitors, Arch. Pharm. Res., 2018, 41, 46-56.
- E. Polo, J. Trilleras, J. Ramos, A. Galdamez, J. Quiroga, M. Gutierrez, Efficient MW-assisted synthesis, spectroscopic characterization, X-ray and antioxidant properties of indazole derivatives, Molecules, 2016, 21, 903-915.
- E.S.H. El Ashry, L.F. Awad, M. Nabil, M. O. Kh, Bdeewy, A Novel Trans Amination Process in 3- Arylamino-5,5-dimethylcyclohex-2-en-1-one with Nucleophiles and Antimicrobial Activities of Selected Products, Mediterr J. Chem., 2019, 7(6), 452-462.
- I. H. El Azab, L.M. Break, Z. A. A. El-Zahrani, Synthesis-based heterocyclic compounds and study their biological activity, Orient. J. Chem., 2016, 32, 2435- 2449.
- S. M. Ryadh, Enaminones as building blocks for the synthesis of substituted Pyrazoles with antitumor and antimicrobial activities, Molecules, 2011, 16, 1834-1853.
- A-Z. A. Elassar, A. A. El Khair, Recent developments in the chemistry of Enaminones, Tetrahedron, 2003, 59, 8463- 8480.
- E. S. H. El Ashry, M. R. Amer, A. A. Aly, M. Omer, O. M. Abdalla, A. A. Aly, S. Soomro, A. Jabeen, S.A. Halim, M. A. Mesaik, Z. Ul-Haq, Synthesis, biological evaluation and molecular docking studies of and benzyl, alkyl, glycosyl [2--(arylamino)-4,4-dimethyl-6-oxo-cyclohex-1- potential immunomodulatory and immune-suppressive agents, Bioorg. Med. Chem., 2012, 20, 3000- 3008.
- I. Jirkovsky, Studies on Enaminoketones, Can. J. Chem., 1974, 52, 55-65.
- J. V. Greenhill, J. Hanaee, P.J. Steel, Some reactions of Enaminones with
Isothiocyanates, J.Chem. Soc. Perkin Trans.1, 1990, 1869-1873.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).