Study of the dielectric, optical and microstructure properties of CaCu3Ti4O12-PbZr0.48Ti0.52O3 ceramic system with different compositions
AbstractIn this paper, composite ceramics (1-x)CaCu3Ti4O12–(x)PbZr0.48Ti0.52O3 (with x =0.00, 0.50 and 1.00), denoted CCTO-PZT, were prepared by a three-stages modified method, in order to achieve high dielectric constant and low loss. Structural investigations carried out by X-ray diffraction (XRD), and FT-IR spectroscopy showed the formation of pure cubic and tetragonal phases for x = 0.00 and x=1.00 compositions, respectively. XRD showed the coexistence of both phases in the CCTO-PZT composite. The morphology of the ceramics was examined by scanning electron micrograph (SEM), results reveal a homogeneous microstructure with two types of grains corresponding to PZT (smaller grains) and CCTO (large grains). Dielectric measurements carried out by an impedance analyzer; show that the dielectric constant of the CCTO-PZT composite is higher than the pure samples (CCTO and PZT) one. The temperature dependence of the ac conductivity indicated that the conduction follows the Arrhenius law and the conduction process is due to the single and the doubly ionized. The optical band gap of the PZT is 2.25 eV, and the band gap decreased in the CCTO/PZT composite.
- U. S. Rai Singh L, K. D. Mandal, N. B. Singh An Overview on Recent Developments in the Synthesis, Characterization and Properties of High Dielectric Constant Calcium Copper Titanate Nano-Particles. Nanosci Technol. 2014, 1(2) 1-17.
- A. Deschanvers, B. Raveau, F. Tollemer. Substitution of Copper for a divalent metal in perovskite-type titanates. Bull. Soc. Chim. Fr. 1967, 4077-4078.
- S. Laxman, U. S. Rai, K. D. Mandal and N. B. Singh. Progress in the growth of CaCu3Ti4O12 and related functional dielectric perovskites progress in Crystal Growth and Characterization of Materials, 2014, 60, 15-62, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.pcrysgrow.2014. 04.
- N. Hadi T. Lamcharfi F. Abdi, A. Elbasset, and S. Sayouri. Effect of Sintering Temperature on the Dielectric and Microstructure Properties of CaCu3Ti3,90 Co0,10 O12 Ceramic International Journal of Development Research, 2017, 07, (04) 12432-12436.
- S, Laxman, U. S Rai, K. D, Mandal and A. K Rai. Effect of site selection on dielectric properties of Fe doped CaCu3Ti4O12 electro-ceramic synthesized by citrate nitrate gel Indian J Phys, 2014, 88 (7) 665-670.
- K. Raju, R. Rashmi and S. Seema Influence of BiFeO3 addition on the electrical properties of (Na, K) (Nb, Ta)O3 ceramic system using impedance spectroscopy Adv. Mat. Lett. 2014, 5(11), 658-665.
- C. Arun, S, Hemant, U C. Naithani, S. Shubhash, P, D, Pratiksha M. Anuradha, Alok Srivastava, R..K. Sharma. Structural, dielectric and electrical properties of Lead zirconate titanate and CaCu3Ti4O12 ceramic composite Adv. Mat. Lett., 2011, 2(1), 26-3.
- S. Laxman, U. S. Rai, K. D. Mandal and A. K. Rai. Effects of partial substitutions of transition metal cations on dielectric properties of Ca1-xLaxCu3-xMnxTi4-xNixO12 (x= 0.05, 0.10) electro-ceramics synthesized by semi-wet chemical method. Journal of Advanced Ceramics, 2013, 2, 119-127.
- A. F. L Almeida, P. B. A. Fechine, V .Góes, M. A. Valente, M. A. R .Miranda and A. S. B. Sombra Dielectric properties of BaTiO3-CaCu3Ti4O12composite screen-printed thick films for high dielectric constant devices in the medium frequency (MF) range, Mater. Sci. Eng., 2004, 111-113.
- N. Hadi, T, Lamcharfi, F. Abdi, N. Gouitaa, N. S. Echatouiand M. Zouhairi Structural, Dielectric and Electrical Properties of (1-x) CaCu3Ti4O12-(x) BaTiO3 Ceramics Journal of chemistry: 2017, vol. 29. No, (8)1811-1816.
- N. Hadi. T.E. Lamcharfi, F. Abdi, N. S. Echatoui, F Z. Ahjyaje A. Harrach and S. Chouikh, the study of the dielectric, and microstructure properties of (1-x) CaCu3TI4O12 - (x) PbZr0.65Ti0.35O3 composite, IOP Conf. Series: Earth and Environmental Science, 2018; 161. https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1755-1315/161/1/012020.
- A. Rajabtabar-Darvishi, W.L. Li, O. Sheikhnejad-Bishe, L.D. Wang, Y. Zhao, S.Q. Zhang, W.D. Fei, Dielectric properties of CaCu3Ti4O12/Pb(Zr0.52Ti0.48)O3 composite ceramics Journal of Alloys and Compounds 514, 2012, 179-182
- R. S. Ernest Ravindran, P. Thomas and S. Renganathan, Effect on dielectric, structural and thermal behaviour of CaCu3Ti4O12 in a Nylon 11 matrix, Bull. Mater. Sci., 2019, 42:28 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12034-018-1707-y.
- R. A. Young, The Rietveld Method-International Union of Crystallography, New York, Oxford University Press 1996.
- M.A Subramanian,.; A.W Sleight,.ACu3Ti4O12 and ACu3Ru4O12 perovskites: high dielectric constants and valence degeneracy Solid State Sciences, 2002, 4, 347-351.
- J. Frantti, J. Lappalainen, V. Lantto, H. Rundlof, S. Nishio, S. Eriksson, S. Ivanov, M. Kakihana, Neutron diffraction studies of Pb (ZrxTi1-x)O3 ceramics, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Part 1, 2000, 39, 5697-5703.
- N. Sahu, M. Kar and S. Panigrahi, “Rietveld Analysis of a single phase PbTiO3, Proceedings of NCMSTA"08 Conference November 2008, 13-14.
- J. Mohammed, Tchouank Tekou Carol T., H.Y. Hafeez, D. Basandrai, Gopala Ram Bhadu, Sachin Kumar Godara, S.B. Narang, A.K. Srivastava, Electromagnetic interference (EMI) shielding, microwave absorption, and optical sensing properties of BaM/CCTO composites in Ku-band, Results in Physics, 2019, Vol.13, 102307, doi:10.1016/j.rinp.2019.102307.
- R. Jenkins and R. L. Snyder "Introduction to X-ray Powder Diffractometry",1996, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- M. Sahu Â· R. N. P. Choudhary, Processing and Electrical Characteristics of Barium Doped CaCu3Ti4O12, Transactions on Electrical and Electronic Materials, 2019, Volume 20, Issue 1, pp 16-23, https://doi.org/10.1007/s42341-018-0073-1.
- A. P. Barranco, J. D. L. S. Guerra. Dielectric relaxation related to single-ionized oxygen vacancies in (Pb1-xLax)(Z0.90Ti0.10)1-x/4O3 ceramics, Mater. Res. Bull., 2010, 45, 1311.
- M. P. Moret, M. A. C. Devillers, K. Worhoff and P. K. Larsen, Optical properties of PbTiO3, PbZrxTi1-O3, and PbZrO3 films deposited by metalorganic chemical vapor on SrTiO3, Journal of Applied Physics, 2002, 92, 468-474.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).