Effect of barium doping on electrical and electromechanical properties of (1-x)(Na0.5Bi0.5)TiO3-xBaTiO3
AbstractThe influences of calcination temperature and doping with cobalt in A–site on structural and dielectric properties of CaCu3-xCoxTi4O12 (CCCxTO, x = 0.00, 0.02 and 0.10) ceramics sintered at 1050 0C for 8h were investigated. The ceramic samples are prepared by the conventional solid-state method using high purity oxide powders, and they are calcined at 850 °C, 950 °C and 1050 0C for 4h. The X-ray diffraction (XRD) analysis of pure and doped CCTO samples calcined at 950 °C and 1050 0C showed no traces of any other secondary phases, while impurity phases alongside CCTO phase in the x=0.00 sample calcined at 850 0C was observed. Scanning electron microscopy (SEM) investigation showed an increase in grain size with increasing of Co content and calcining temperature. Dielectric measurements indicated that the dielectric constant of the pure CCTO calcined at 1050 0C/4h has a low value in the frequency range of 1kHz up to 1MHz, whereas the substitution of Co up to x = 0.10 into CCTO caused a huge increase in the dielectric constant value of the calcined samples which is equal to 153419 and 18957 at 950 °C and 1050 0C respectively. The complex impedance analysis of all samples shows a decrease in resistance with an increasing temperature, which suggests a semiconductor nature of the samples
- J.Suchanicz, T.V.Kruzina, Dielectric properties thermal expansion and heat capacity of (1-x) Na0.5Bi0.5TiO3-xBaTiO3 single crystals (x= 0, 0.02, 0.025, 0.0325 and 0.05), Materials Science and Engineering, 2013, 178, 889-895.
- M.Mesrar, T.Lamcharfi, N.Echatoui, F.Z.Ahjyaje, Hydrothermal Synthesis of Oxide and Carbonate Powders of (1-x) (Na0.5Bi0.5)TiO3-xBaTiO3 Ceramics Asian Journal of Chemistry, 2019, 31, 309-316.
- B.Saradhi, K.Srinivas, T.Bhimasankaram, Impedance And Modulus Spectroscopy Of (Na 1/2 Bi 1/2) 1-x CaxTiO3 Ceramics, International Journal of Modern Physics., 2002, 31, 4755-4766.
- J.H.Cho, Y.H.Jeong, J.H.Nam, J.S.Yun, J.Y.Park, Phase transition and piezoelectric properties of lead-free (Bi1/2Na1/2)TiO3-BaTiO3 ceramics, Ceram Int., 2014, 40, 8419-8425.
- G. O.Jones, P. A. Thomas. The tetragonal phase of Na0. 5Bi0. 5TiO3 a new variant of the perovskite structure, Acta Crystallographica Section B: Structural Science., 2000, 56, 426-430.
- S.Sayyed, S.A.Shahin, Structural and dielectric anomalies near the MPB region of Na 0.5 Bi 0.5 TiO3-SrTiO 3 solid solution, RSC Advances., 2015, 63, 50644-50654
- H.M. Rietveld, A profile refinement method for nuclear and magnetic structures. Journal of Applied Crystallography., 1969, 2, 65-71
- J.R. MacDonald, Impedance Spectroscopy Emphasizing Solid Materials and Systems, Wiley Interscience, John Wiley and Sons., 1987, 12, 1-346.
- K.S. Rao, B. Tilak, K.C.V. Rajulu, A. Swathi, H.Workineh, A diffuse phase transition study on Ba2+ substituted (Na0.5Bi0.5)TiO3 ferroelectric ceramic, J. Alloy. Compd., 2011, 509, 7121-7129.
- K. Prasad, K. Kumari, K.P. Chandra, K.L. Yadav, Dielectric relaxation and ac conductivity of WO3 added (Na1/2Bi1/2) TiO3 ceramic, Materials Science Poland., 2009, 27, 373-384.
- H.Zhang, P.Xu, Preparation and enhanced electrical properties of grain-oriented (Bi1/2Na1/2)TiO3 based lead-free incipient piezo-ceramics, Journal of the European Ceramic Society., 2015, 35, 2501-2512.
- M.Mesrar, T.Lamcharfi, N.Echatoui, F. Abdi, A.Harrach, Investigation of Morpho-tropic Phase Boundary by Rietveld refinement and Raman Spectroscopy for (1-x)(Na0.5 Bi0.5)TiO3-xBaTiO3 Ceramics, Asian Journal of Chemistry, 2018, 30, 1012-1018.
- R.Ranjan, A.Dviwedi, Structure and dielectric properties of (Na0. 50Bi0. 50)- xBaxTiO3: 0≤x≤ 0.10. Solid state communications., 2005, 135, 394-399.
- S.Joshi, S.Sayyed, S.Acharya, Percolation Effect of PZT-BNT Composite System on Sinterability and Dielectrics Behaviour in View of Development of LTCC, Ferroelectrics., 2015, 481, 155-165.
- G.H.Kwei, A.C.Lawson, S.J.L.Billinge, Structures of the ferroelectric phases of barium titanate, The Journal of Physical Chemistry., 1993, 97, 2368-2377.
- A.Neagu, C.W.Tai, Local disorder in Na0.5 Bi 0.5TiO3 piezoceramic determined by 3D electron diffuse scattering, Scientific reports., 2017, 7, 12519.
- P.K.Tung, M.Major, J.Hudspeth, Compositional dependence of disordered structures in NaüBiüTiO3- BaTiO3 solid solutions, Materials Research Bulletin., 2018, 106, 301-306.
- E.Aksel, J.S.Forrester, J.C.Nino, Local atomic structure deviation from the average structure of Na 0.5 Bi 0.5 TiO3: Combined x-ray and neutron total scattering study, Physical Review B., 2013, 87, 104113.
- M.Gröting, K.Albe, Comparative study of A-site order in the lead-free bismuth titanates M1/2Bi1/2TiO3 (M= Li, Na, K, Rb, Cs, Ag, Tl) from first-principles, Journal of Solid State Chemistry., 2014, 213, 138-144.
- K.K. Mishra, V. Sivasubramanian, R.M. Sarguna, T.R. Ravindran, A.K. Arora, D.K. Aswal, A.K. Debnath, AIP Conf. Proc., 2010, 174,1313.
- C.S.Devi, G.S.Kumar, G. Prasad, Control of ferroelectric phase transition in nanoparticulate NBT-BT based ceramics,
Materials Science and Engineering: B., 2013, 178, 283-292.
- M. K.Niranjan, T.Karthik, S.Asthana, J. Pan, Theoretical and experimental investigation of Raman modes, ferroelectric and dielectric properties of relaxor Na0. 5Bi0. 5TiO3, Journal of Applied Physics., 2013, 113, 194106.
- K.Ramam, M.Lopez, Ferroelectric and piezoelectric properties of Ba modified lead zirconium titanate ceramics, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 2006, 39, 4466.
- C.Xu, D.Lin, K.W.Kwok, Structure, electrical properties and depolarization temperature of (Bi0. 5Na0. 5) TiO3-BaTiO3 lead-free piezoelectric ceramics, Solid state sciences., 2008, 10, 934-940.
- Q.Xu, M.T.Lanagan, X.Huang, J.Xie, L.Zhang, H.Hao, Dielectric behavior and impedance spectroscopy in lead-free BNT-BT-NBN perovskite ceramics for energy storage, Ceramics International., 2016, 42, 9728-9736.
- C.Ma, X.Tan, E.Dul'Kin, M.Roth, Domain structure-dielectric property relationship in lead-free (1-x)(Bi 1/2 Na 1/2)TiO3-x BaTiO3 ceramics, Journal of applied physics, 2010, 108, 104105
- A.M.Balagurov, E.Yu.Koroleva, A.A. Naberezhnov, V.P.Sakhnenko, The rhombohedral phase with incommensurate modulation in Na1/2Bi1/2TiO3, Phase Transitions., 2006, 79, 163-173.
- B.Behera, P.Nayak, R.N.Choudhary, Structural and electrical properties of KCa2 Nb5O15 ceramics, Central European Journal of Physics., 2008, 6, 289-295.
- S.R.Kanuru, K.Baskar, R.Dhanasekaran, Synthesis, structural, morphological and electrical properties of NBT-BT ceramics for piezoelectric applications, Ceramics International, 2016, 5, 6054-6064.
- C.S. Devi, G.S.Kumar, G. Prasad, Control of ferroelectric phase transition in nanoparticulate NBT-BT based ceramics, Mater. Sci. Eng. B., 2013, 178, 283-292.
- V.K.Katiyar, S.Z.Srivastava, J.Singh, Dielectric and piezoelectric properties of lead zirconate titanate doped with chromium oxide, Journal of applied physics., 1994, 76, 455-465.
- H. Richard, IEEE Trans. Sonics and Ultra-Sonics., 1969, 173, 16.
- M.Onoe, H.Jumonji, Useful formulas for piezoelectric ceramic resonators and their application to the measurement of parameters, The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 1967, 41, 974-980.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).