Study of structural and dielectric properties of Nickel-doped BaTiO3 material
AbstractIn this work, the effect of nickel (Ni) insertion on the structural and dielectric properties of BaTiO3 material was investigated. A series of powders of composition Ba1-xNixTiO3(x = 0, 0.05, 0.1, 0.15 and 0.20) were synthesized by solid method. The analysis by X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) shows that the obtained compounds crystallize in a phase of perovskite type. All the peaks are indexed in a phase of quadratic symmetry. Characterization by the Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) indicates a heterogeneous microstructure of the grains. The study by spectroscopy of impedance in the frequency range [500Hz-1MHz] highlighted the effect of the nickel insertion on the transition temperature and the dielectric constant value.
- W.D. Maison, R. Kleeberg, R.B. Heimann, S. Phanichphant, Size-controllable barium titanate nanopowder synthesized via one-pot solvothermal route in a mixed solvent, J Eur Ceram Soc, 2003, 23, 127.
- J.S. Obhi, A. Patel, Integration of sol-gel derived PZT with SOS technology, Integr Ferroelectric, 1994, 5, 155.
- J.F. Scott, D. Galt, J.C. Price, J.A. Beall, R.H. Ono, C.A. Paz de Araujo, L.D. Mc Millan, Identification of passive layer in ferroelectric thin films from their switching parameters, Integr Ferroelctric, 1995, 189.
- M.A. Mohiddon, P. Goel, K.L. Yadav, M. Kumar, P.K. Yadav, Effect of Ni doping on structural and dielectric properties of BaTiO3, Indian J Eng Mater Sci, 2007, 14, 64.
- M. Zouhairi, H. Bali, O. El Ghadraoui, T. Lamcharfi, A. Elbasset, Synthesis and Pysico-Chemical Characterization of Perovskite Ceramics System PFN-PMN, IJCRR, 2015, 7, 22474-22477.
- M. Zouhairi, O. Elghadraoui, H. Bali,T. Lamcharfi, F Abdi, L. Mrharrab, Synthesis and structural characterizations of hydrothermally processed Pb1-xLa xTi1-x/4O3 ceramic powders, Phys. Chem. News, 2014, 72, 42-48.
- A. Elbasset, F. Abdi, T. Lamcharfi, S. Sayouri, M. Aillerie, Synthesis and Characterization of Strontium Doped Barium Titanate Ceramics, I RE PHY, 2013, 7, 1971-680X.
- D. Shan, Y.F. Qu, J.J. Song, Dielectric properties and substitution preference of yttrium doped bariumzirconium titanate ceramics, Solid State Commun, 2007, 141, 65-68.
- (a) P.K. Roya, J. Bera, Mater, Study on electromagnetic properties of MgCuZn ferrite/BaTiO3 composites Chem. Phys, 2012, 132 (2-3), 354-357. (b) G.M. Keith, M.J. Rampling, K. Sarma, Mc.N. Alford,
D.C. Sinclair, J Eur Ceram Soc, 2004, 24, 1721.
- Y.C. Qing, W.C. Zhou, F. Luo, D.M. Zhu, Optimization of electromagnetic matching of carbonyl iron/BaTiO3 composites for microwave absorption, J. Magn. Magn. Mater, 2011, 323, 600-606.
- G.M. Keith, M.J. Rampling, K. Sarma, Mc. N. Alford, D.C. Sinclair, An atomistic study into the defect chemistry of hexagonal barium titanate, J Eur Ceram Soc, 2004, 24,1721.
- Jona F & Shirane G, Single-Crystal Ferroelectrics: Fundamental Physical and Electronic Properties Ferroelectric Crystal (Dover Publication, New York), 1993.
- P. Goel, K.L. Yadav, A.R. James, Double doping effect on the structural and dielectric properties of PZT ceramics J Phys D: Appl Phys, 2004, 37, 3174.
- P. Goel, K.L. Yadav, Structural and optical properties of Ag-doped copper oxide thin films on polyethylene napthalate substrate prepared by low temperature microwave annealing J Mater Sci, 2007, 42, 3928.
- M. A Mohiddon, K.L. Yadav, Domain Reorientation Dynamics of Sol-Gel Derived Strontium Doped PLZT (8/65/35) J Sol-Gel Sci Technol, 2009, 49, 88.
- A Elbasset, S Sayouri S, F Abdi, T Lamcharfi, L Mrharrab, Complex impedance, dielectric relaxation and electrical conductivity studies of Ba1-xSrxTiO3ceramics, IOP Conf. Series: Mater Sci Eng, 2017, 186, 012018.
- C. Y. Chang, W. N. Wang, C. Y. Huang, Effect of MgO and Y2O3Doping on the Formation of Core-Shell Structure in BaTiO3 Ceramics, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 2013, 96, 2570-2576.
- M. B. Smith, K. Page, T. Siegrist, P. L. Redmond, E. C. Walter, R. Seshadri, L. E. Brus, M. L. Steigerwald, Crystal Structure and the Paraelectric-to-Ferroelectric Phase Transition of Nanoscale BaTiO3, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2008, 130, 6955-6963.
- F. Maldonado, S. JÃ¡come, A. Stashans, Codoping of Ni and Fe in tetragonal BaTiO3, Computational Condensed Matter, 2017, 13, 49-54.
-. J. Zhang, J. Zhai, X. Chou, J. Shao, X. Lu, X. Yao, Microwave and infrared dielectric response of tunable Ba1-SrxTiO3 ceramics, Acta Materialia, 2009, 57, 4491-4499.
-. Y. Kumar, M. A. Mohiddon, A. Srivastava, K. L. Yadav, Effect of Ni doping on structural and dielectric properties of BaTiO3, IJEMS, 2009, 16, 390-394.
- A. El Ghandouria, S. Sayouria, T. Lamcharfib, L. Hajji, Effect of strontium on the structural and piezoelectric properties of the sol gel processed barium titanate, J. Ceram Process Res, 2018, 19, 154-170.
- J. A.Sanjurjo, E.Lopez-Cruz, High-pressure Raman study of zone-center phonons in PbTiO3, Phys. Rev. B, 1983, 28, 25-27.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).