DPPH scavenging activity of some Bis-benzimidazole derivatives
AbstractAs part of our research on substituted benzimidazoles, we are interested in the synthesis of new heterocyclic molecules. This new organic molecule is a subclass of quinolines with a wide variety of biological properties. In order to affect the binding of quinoline to our bis-benzimidazole derivatives, we have chosen the "azo" bond as a means of attachment. To achieve our goal, we investigated different parameters for the reactions to determine the conditions to obtain the best results. This article discusses the antioxidant activity of our molecules using the DPPH method.
- A. Ouaket, S. Hamdouch, F. Moughaoui, Z. Anbaoui, M. Berrada, A. Bennamara, N. Knouzi, Synthesis and Characterization of 2, 2'-Alkyl/Aryl- Bis(Quinoline-8-Ol-5-Azobenzimidazole), IJPPR.Human, 2018, 11(2), 231-238.
- A. G. Montalban, Quinolines and Isoquinolines: Heterocycles in Natural Product Synthesis; ed. By K. C. Majumdar, S. K. Chattopadhyay; Wiley-VCH: New York, 2011, pp. 299- 339.
- (a) D. Lednicer, Membered heterocycles: The Organic Chemistry of Drug Synthesis; ed. John Wiley & Sons: Hoboken, New Jersey, 2007, Vol.7, pp. 84-216.
(b) V. Lee, S. J. Hecker, Antibiotic resistance versus small molecules, the chemical evolution, J. Med. Res. Rev., 1999, 19, 521-542
- I. B. Onyeachua, I. B. Obot, A. A. Sorour, M. I. Abdul-Rashid, Green corrosion inhibitor for oilfield application I: Electrochemical assessment of 2-(2-pyridyl) benzimidazole for API X60 Steel under sweet environment in NACE brine ID196, Corrosion Science, 2019, 150, 183-193.
- R. Walia, M. Hedaitullah, S. Farha Naaz, K. Iqbal, H. S. Lamba, Benzimidazole derivatives -An overview, IJRPC, 2011, 1(3), 565-574.
- S. Gurvinder, K. Maninderjit, C. Mohan, Benzimidazoles: The latest information on biological activities, IRJP, 2013, 4(1), 82-87.
- N. Srestha, J. Banerjee, S. Srivastava, A review on chemistry and biological significance of benzimidazole nucleus, IOSR Journal of Pharmacy, 2014, 4(12), 28-41.
- J. B. Wright, The Chemistry of the Benzimidazoles, Chem. Rev., 1951, 48(3), 397-541.
- U. Kalidhar, A. Kaur, An overview on Some Benzimidazole and Sulfonamide derivatives with antimicrobial activity, RJPBCS, 2011, 2(4), 1116-1135.
- E.M. Essassi, L'utilisation des l,5-benzodiazepines en synthese heterocyclique, Bull. SOC. Chim. Belg., 1994, 103(11), 680-686.
- Y. Okamoto, K. Takagi, Chemistry of 4-amino-1H-1,5-benzodiazepine-3-carbonitrile, J. Heterocyclic Chem., 1987, 24, 885-891.
- K. Attar, H. Camara, M. Benchidmi, E. M. Essassi, B. Garrigues, Synthèse de nouveaux dérivés du 1-hydroxyindole et du pyrazole. Comptes Rendus Chimie, 2002, 5(6-7), 551-557.
- D. S. Vanvliet, P. Gillespie, J. J. Scicinski, Rapid one-pot preparation of 2-substituted benzimidazoles from 2-nitroanilines using microwave conditions, Tetrahedron Lett., 2011, 46(39), 6741-6743.
- S. J. Teague, S. Barber, S. King, L. Stein, Synthesis of benzimidazole-based JNK inhibitors, Tetrahedron Lett., 2005, 46(27), 4613-4616.
- A. Bali, Y. Bansal, M. Sugumaran, J. S. Saggu, P. Balakumar, G. Kaur, G. Bansal, A. Sharma, M. Singh, Design, synthesis, and evaluation of novelly substituted benzimidazole compounds as angiotensin II receptor antagonists, Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett., 2005, 15(17), 3962-3965.
- R. T. Stibrany, M. V. Lobanov, H. J. Schugar, J. A. Potenza, A Geometrically Constraining Bis(benzimidazole) Ligand and Its Nearly Tetrahedral Complexes with Fe(II) and Mn(II), Inorg. Chem., 2004, 43(4), 1472-1480.
- M. J. S. Moreno, A. F. Bottello, R. B. Gomez-Coca, R. Griesser, J. Ochocki, A. Kotynski, J. N. Gutierrez, V. Moreno, H. Sigel, Metal Ion-Binding Properties of (1H-Benzimidazol-2-yl-methyl)phosphonate (Bimp2-) in Aqueous Solution. Isomeric Equilibria, Extent of Chelation, and a New Quantification Method for the Chelate Effect, Inorg. Chem., 2004, 43(4), 1311-1322.
- F. Arjmand, B. Mohani, S. Ahmad, Synthesis, antibacterial, antifungal activity and interaction of CT-DNA with a new benzimidazole derived Cu(II) complex, Eur. J Med. Chem., 2005, 40(11), 1103-1110.
- Y. Chew, Y. Lim, Evaluation and Comparison of Antioxidant Activity of Leaves, Pericarps and Pulps of Three Garcinia Species in Malaysia, Free Radicals and Antioxidants, 2018, 8(2), 130-134.
- G. Persaud, F. F. Cantwell, Determination of free magnesium ion concentration in aqueous solution using 8-hydroxyquinoline immobilized on a nonpolar adsorbent, Anal. Chem., 1992, 64(1), 89-94.
- M.S. Blois, Antioxidant Determinations by the Use of a Stable Free Radical, Nature, 1958, 181, 1199-1200.
- W. Brand-Williams, M.E.Cuvelier, C.Berset, Use of a free radical method to evaluate antioxidant activity, LWT - Food Science and Technology, 1995, 28(1), 25-30.
- L. Majhenič, M. Å kerget, Ž. Knez, Antioxidant and antimicrobial activity of guarana seed extracts, Food Chemistry, 2007, 104(3) 1258-1268.
LicenseAuthors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).