Structural and vibrational study of titanium Monophosphates Na0.5M0.25Ti2 (PO4)3 (M = Mn, Ni)
AbstractThis work is a systematic study of titanium phosphates compounds Na0.5M0.25Ti2(PO4)3 (M = Mn, Ni), which are characterized by X-ray diffraction (XRD), IR spectrometry, Raman and scanning electron microscopy. Indeed, the crystalline structures of the two compounds were determined in the orthorhombic system, with space group Pmmm (Z = 4); the determined unit cell parameters are: a = 14.59Å, b = 13.31 Å, c = 2.6 Å for Na0.5Mn0.25Ti2(PO4)3, and a = 14.60 Å, b = 13.31 Å, c = 2.67Å for Na0.5Ni0.25Ti2(PO4)3. The structures, compared to that of Li0.5M0.25Ti2(PO4)3, are constructed from [TiO6] octahedra and [PO4] tetrahedra connected by sharing angles along the c axis. The cations M = Mn2+, Ni2+, are located in half of the antiprismatic infection sites and are ordered.
- A. Leclaire, B. Raveau, A Mo (III) lead phosphate with an intersecting tunnel structure: Pb2Mo(P2O7)(PO4), Materials Research Bulletin, 2006, 41(5),967-972. DOI:10.1016/j.materresbull.2006.02.006.
- N. Anantharamulu, K.K. Rao, M. Vithal, G. Prasad, Preparation, characterization, impedance and thermal expansion studies of Mn0. 5MSb (PO4 )3 (M= Al, Fe and Cr), Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2009,479(1-2), 684-691. DOI : 10.1016 / j.jallcom.2009.01.038.
- B. Manoun, B. El Bali, S. K. Saxena, M. Lachkar, High-pressure studies of NaCo(H2PO3)3.H2O phosphite by Raman spectroscopy, Journal of Molecular Structure, 2008, 876 (1-3), 250-254.
- H. Bih, L. Bih, B. Manoun, M. Azdouz,
S. Benmokhtar, P. Lazor, Raman spectroscopic study of the phase transitions sequence in Li3Fe2(PO4)3 and Na3Fe2(PO4)3 at high temperature, Journal of Molecular Structure, 2009, 936 (1-3), 147-155. DOI: 10.1016/j.molstruc.2009.07.035.
- M. G. Sung, K. Hattori, S. Asai, Crystal alignment of graphite as a negative electrode material of the lithium-ion secondary batteries, Materials and Design, 2009, 30(2), 387-390. DOI: 10.1016/j.matdes.2008.04.076.
- F. Álvaro, R.A. Johnstone, High surface area Pd, Pt and Ni ion-exchanged Zr, Ti and Sn (IV) phosphates and their application to selective heterogeneous catalytic hydrogenation of alkenes, Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical, 2008, 280 (1-2),131-41. DOI: 10.1016/j.molcata.2007.10.031
- K. Nagamine, K. Hirose, T. Honma, T. Komatsu, Lithium-ion conductive glass-ceramics with Li3Fe2(PO4)3 and YAG laser-induced local crystallization in lithium iron phosphate glasses, Solid-state Ionics, 2008,179 (13-14), 508-515. DOI: 10.1016/j.ssi.2008.03.028.
- R. Essehli, B. El Bali, S. Benmokhtar,
K. Fejfarová, M. Dusek, Hydrothermal synthesis, structural and physico-chemical characterizations of two Nasicon phosphates: M0.50IITi2(PO4)3 (M=Mn, Co), Materials Research Bulletin, 2009, 44(7), 1502-1510. DOI: 10.1016/j.materresbull.2009.02.013.
- R. Essehli, B. El Bali, H. Ehrenberg, I. Svoboda, N. Bramnik, H. Fuess, Co0.5TiOPO4: Crystal structure, magnetic and electrochemical properties, Materials Research Bulletin, 2009, 44(4), 817-821.
DOI : 10.1016/j.materresbull.2008.09.027.
- I.V. Ogorodnyk, I.V. Zatovsky, N.S. Slobodyanik, V.N. Baumer, O.V. Shishkin, Synthesis, structure and magnetic properties of new phosphates K2Mn0.5Ti1.5 (PO4) 3 and K2Co0.5Ti1.5 (PO4)3 with the langbeinite structure, Journal of Solid State Chemistry, 2006, 179(11), 3461-3466. DOI: 10.1016 / j.jssc.2006.07.015.
- H. Fakrane, A. Aatiq, M. Lamire, A. El Jazouli, C. Delmas, Chemical, structural and magnetic studie of Mn 0.50 Ti2(PO4)3 and its solid solution with NaTi2(PO4)3. Annales de Chimie Science des Matériaux, 1998, 23 (1-2), 81-84. DOI : 10.1016 / s0151-9107 (98) 80028-7.
- S. Barth, R. Olazcuaga, P. Gravereau, G. Le Flem, P. Hagenmuller, Mg0.5Ti2(PO4)3- a new member of the NASICON family with low thermal expansion, 1993, 16 (2-3), 96-101. DOI : 10.1016 / 0167-577x (93) 90031-r.
- R.A.Venkateswara, V. Veeraiah, R.A. Prasada, B. Kishore, K.V.Kumar, Influence of Zr4+ doping on structural, spectroscopic and conductivity studies of lithium titanium phosphate, Ceramics International, 2014, 40 (9), 13911-13916. DOI: 10.1016 / j.ceramint.2014.05.111.
- K. Eddahaoui, M.Giuseppe, S. Benmokhtar,
I. Pio, A. Scarlino, Photodegradation of 4-Nitrophenol in Aqueous Suspension by using new Titanium Phosphates Li0.50M0.25Ti2(PO4)3 (M= Ni, Mn, and Co) Catalyzed Processes International Journal of Advanced Research in Chemical Science, 2015, 2, 21-32.
- D. Errandonea, R.S. Kumar, O. Gomis, F.J. Manjón, V.V.Usaki, I.M. Tiginyanu, X-ray diffraction study on pressure-induced phase transformations and the equation of state of ZnGa2Te4. Journal of Applied Physics, 2013, 114 (23), 233507. DOI : 10.1063 / 1.4851735
- F. Hatert, Crystal chemistry of the divalent cation in alluaudite-type phosphates: A structural and infrared spectral study of the Na1.5(Mn1-xM x2+)1.5Fe1.5 (PO4)3 solid solutions (x = 0 à 1, M2+ = Cd2+, Zn2+), Journal of Solid State Chemistry, 2008, 181(5), 1258-1272. DOI :10.1016 / j.jssc.2008.02.035.
- W. Martens, R. L. Frost, An infrared spectroscopic study of the basic copper phosphate minerals: Cornetite, libethenite, and pseudo malachite, American Mineralogist, 2003, 88(1), 37-46. DOI: 10.2138/am-2003-0105.
- Z. Hebboul, C. Galez, D. Benbertal, S. Beauquis, Y. Mugnier, A. Benmakhlouf, M. Bouchenafa, D. Errandonea, Synthesis, Characterization, and
- Crystal Structure Determination of a New Lithium Zinc Iodate Polymorph LiZn (IO3)3, Crystals, 2019, 9(9), 464. DOI: 10.3390/cryst9090464
- R. Essehli, B. El Bali, S. Benmokhtar, H. Fuess, I. Svoboda, S. Obbade, Synthesis, crystal structure and infrared spectroscopy of a new non-centrosymmetric mixed-anion phosphate Na4Mg3(PO4)2(P2O7), Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2010, 493(1-2), 654-660. DOI: 10.1016/j.jallcom.2009.12.181.
- S. Zerraf, M. Belhabra, M. Tridane,
S. Belaaouad, Chemical preparations, crystal data for monophosphates and condensed phosphates associated with barium and IR studies of their anions. International Journal of Advanced Research, 2019, 7 (1), 1133-1149. DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/xxx
- K. Eddahaoui, S. Benmokhtar, B.Manoun,
S. Belaaouad, P. Lazor, Vibrational spectra and factor group analysis of M0.50TiOPO4 oxyphosphates (M=Mg, Zn, Ni, Co, Fe and Cu). Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 2012, 99, 81-89. DOI: 10.1016/j.saa.2012.08.033.
LicenseAuthors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).