Coumarin derivatives: Synthesis and cation binding properties
AbstractCoumarin derivatives were easily prepared starting from 7-hydroxy 4-methyl-2H-chromen-2-oneÂ with 40% formaldehyde and suitable secondary amines in 95% ethanol in rather good yield. The structures of allÂ compounds were confirmed via spectroscopic techniques IR, 1H NMR, 13C NMR, mass spectra and elemental analysis. The complexing properties of the coumarin derivatives toward alkali metal, alkaline earth metal, someÂ transition metals and some heavy metal cations have been investigated in methanol by means ofÂ UV spectrophotometry absorption and conductivity methods. Thus, the stoichiometry of the complexes formedÂ and their stability constants were determined.
- J. R. Dimmock, P. Kumar, Curr. Med. Chem. 1997, 4, 1-22.
- H. I. Gul, T. Ojanen, O. Hanninen; Biol. Pharm. Bull. 2002, 25, 1307-1310.
- H. I. Gul, T. Ojanen, J. Vepsalainen, M. Gul, E. Erciyas, O. Hanninen ; Arzneimittelforschung, 2001, 51, 72-75.
- F. Gul, M. Gul, S. Ozturk, K. O. Yerdelen, Arch. Pharm. (Weinheim), 2005, 338, 335-338.
- E. Mete, C. Ozelgul, C. Kazaz, D. Yurdakul, F. Sahin, H. I. Gul, Arch. Pharm. Chem. Life Sci., 2010, 343, 291-300.
- H. I. Gul, M. Gul, E. Erciyas, J. Appl. Toxicol., 2003, 23, 53-57.
- M. Gul, H. I. Gul, U. Das, O. Hanninen, Arzneimittelforschung, 2005, 55, 332-337.
- H. I. Gul, K. O. Yerdelen, M. Gul, U. Das, B. Pandit, P. K. Li, H. Secen, F. Sahin, Arch. Pharm. (Weinheim), 2007, 340, 195-201.
- H. I. Gul, U. Das, B. Pandit, P. K. Li, Arzneimittelforschung, 2006, 56, 850-855.
-H. I. Gul, K. O. Yerdelen, U. Das. M. Gul, B. Pandit, J. R. Dimmock, Chem. Pharm. Bull. (Tokyo), 2008, 56, 1675-1681.
-M. Gul, E. Mete, M. Atalay, M. Arik, H. I. Gul, Arzneimmittelforschung, 2009, 59, 364-369.
-E. Mete, H. I. Gul, R. Cetin-Atalay, U. Das, E. Sahin, M. Gul, C. Kazaz, J. R. Dimmock, Arch. Pharm. Chem. Life Sci., 2011, 344, 333-339.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).